by Lucy Monroe
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Release Day Blitz
Barnes & Noble http://tinyurl.com/ob7hsuy
Sometimes old flames are the hottest of all . . .
In the quaint little town of Cailkirn, Alaska, it’s impossible to keep a secret, especially one as juicy as the unexpected return of Kitty Grant. Tack MacKinnon remembers her wild red curls and even wilder spirit—and still feels the sting from when she shattered his heart in college. But there’s a pain in Kitty’s gorgeous eyes that guts him to the core and Tack is determined to do whatever it takes to see the woman he still loves smile again—even if it means taking on her demons as his own.
After fleeing an abusive ex-husband, Kitty decides that the best way to heal her broken heart is to come back home. But she gets a whole new shock when she sees how undeniably sexy Tack has become. More handsome, more muscular, more charming—more everything—he’s impossible to resist. Before she knows it, they’re reigniting sparks that could set the whole state of Alaska on fire. Yet trust doesn’t come easy to Kitty anymore, and as things heat up between her and Tack, she can’t help but wonder if one of them is going to get burned . . .
Every author has their own process. Music is a BIG part of mine and every book I've written has had its own playlist, even way back before that was a word. ;-) I can write anywhere as long as I've got my iTouch and a pair of headphones. Even a birthday party at a noisy pizza parlor. Yes, I've done it...hiding in a corner. Just ask my family. Deadlines wait for no one.
Wild Heat is no exception, but I've got to tell you...the music on that playlist surprised me. I love positive country. I'm not as big a fan of the classic twang, but yes I do have Johnny Cash and Dolly Parton in my iTunes library. The thing is, I haven't been using country to write to for a few years. Then all of a sudden, this new series comes along. It's set in Alaska and the playlist is decidely country. I won't tell you how much music I bought in six months, but I will tell you that I've heard more new country writing the Northern Fire series than in the whole decade leading up to it.
No way could I list all the songs I listened to writing this book, but how about I share the Top 10?
1. Fishin' in the Dark by the Nitty Gritty Dirt Band - please tell me you all remember this one. It's one of my favorites from back in the day and it embodies that feeling of Kitty & Tack's relationship before she loses her way in college.
2. Land of the Living by Pam Tillis - this song could be Kitty's anthem as the book opens. She's ready to start living again, even if she doesn't know it.
3. Crash my Party by Luke Bryan - when Kitty first shows up in Cailkirn, Tack thinks it's the last thing he wants, but the reality is, he desires nothing more than his former best friend crashing his party.
4. Turn on the Radio by Reba McIntyre - sometimes the songs are about how they make me feel while I'm writing. This is the feisty side of Kitty and who better to channel it than the Queen of Country?
5. Boys Round Here by Blake Shelton - now this is Tack and his brother and cousins. These Cailkirn boys know they're something special and they should!
6. Good Girl by Carrie Underwood - this could be Kitty singing to herself, reminding herself that she can't trust what men tell her, that Tack could hurt her just like her ex did. That she needs to be tougher.
7. I Hold On by Dierks Bentley - Tack is the kind of man that when he makes up his mind, he doesn't let go. Kitty may take some convincing and Tack may need to remember his mind has been made up for a while, but this man isn't letting go.
8. Better Dig Two by The Band Perry - the intensity of this song is almost crazy right? And that's the kind of relationship I like to write about. Love it or hate it, but you will not be unmoved by it. I can get behind that kind of romance.
9. Deeper than the Holler by Randy Travis - this song made it onto several playlists I listened to while writing Wild Heat because it just so embodied the love Tack has for Kitty.
10. Little White Church by Little Big Town - because the best romances end with a wedding. :)
You can see the whole playlist on my YouTube channel here:
Hugs and happy reading and listening!
With more than 7 million copies of her books in print worldwide, award winning and USA Today bestseller Lucy Monroe has published over 60 books and had her stories translated for sale all over the world. While she writes multiple subgenres of romance, all of her books are sexy, deeply emotional and adhere to the concept that love will conquer all. A passionate devotee of romance, she adores sharing her love for the genre with her readers.
Author Media Links:
Her Official Website http://lucymonroe.com