Heather Kirchhoff lives in a small town in Missouri with her three parents, siblings, a dog, and a stray cat. She became a bookworm back in sixth grade when her teacher suggested the Phantom Stallion series by Terrie Farley and instantly fell in love. She loves reading paranormal stories, plus some love ones here and there. Writing is her passion-it helps her escape the world for a while, as well as reading-she doesn't know what she'd do without it. She just loves it. When she isn't writing, Heather is doing odd jobs, reading, taking walks, or spending time with her boyfriend and animals/family. Heather is currently a junior in high school.
The Last Night: http://www.amazon.com/The-Last-Night-Heather-Kirchhoff/dp/1490598170/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1398121109&sr=8-1&keywords=Heather+Kirchhoff
The Last Night Excerpt:
More tears crept down my cheeks, leaving them burning. Everything felt wrong. I was wrong. I didn't belong here. I don't fit in well enough, I never have. I'm always just that girl. The one who's so quiet. The one who dated Ryan. The one who is constantly bullied. All because no one sees me for who I truly am. I'm just there. That's all, nothing more, nothing less. I opened my eyes and stared at the wall, letting my thoughts go insane, letting everything I've ever known slip even farther from me. I don't try to get a grip on anything anymore. I'm done. I'm sick of being bullied, sick of being ignored, misunderstood. I'm tired of being alone. I don't want that. I don't want people to see me differently. I don't want to go through this anymore. I don't want someone to become my friend and then leave nor do I want to suffer. I can't live like that. I'm always looking behind me, waiting for someone to expose my secret. I go through the same motions everyday, burying my thoughts deep down, taking a deep breath, and facing the world. But eventually those thoughts come back to the surface, building my wall once again. I felt it happen, noticed how my hand started to shake as I became overwhelmed.
A scream pierced the silent night, echoing; flames licked up the walls, sending black smoke hurtling into the dark sky. Heat blasted into my skin, turning it red as I stood, watching the village crumble in the flames. Fear spiked within me, causing my heart to beat rapidly. My breathing became ragged as rage coursed blindingly through me. How could they? My thoughts exploded with the buildings. Shattering glass filled the night, falling on top of the ashes. The flames danced with one another, leering at us as they grew higher.
“We must go!” someone cried, their voice shivering.
The breeze suddenly picked up, feeding the destruction. Tears rushed down my burnt face, leaving streak marks behind; my frail body stung as heat smacked into it. I tried to talk, but the smoke wouldn’t allow it; I coughed, chocking on smoke.
“Mommy,” I whimpered softly. Where was she? She promised she’d return.
Ashes fell from the rooftops, sprinkling down on us like snow. Please return. My eyes searched for her, but she never came back out. “Mommy,” I repeated, my voice stronger.
With each passing hour my hope dwindled. I tried fooling myself by believing she’d return, but deep down I knew she wasn’t coming back.
Questions Thank you for taking time to answer these!!!
1. When did you decide to write? In seventh grade after I finished Twilight I wanted to make others feel the way I did. When I read Vampire Academy I wanted to become one even more but Evermore sealed the deal.
2. How did you come up with the idea of your newest book? I was thinking about powers and what kind I'd want but then thought of a girl being powerful, having it all. I turned it into a five book series, which is my Magic series. At first, though, it was six books back when I thought of it. I got a better idea for it which is what it is now.
3. What Genre do write? I want to write all but mostly paranormal.
4. Would you ever write with another author if asked? I would try to.
5. Who is your biggest inspiration?
6. Who are some of your favorite authors? Traditional (they inspired me to write): Richelle Mead, Alyson Noel, and Stephenie Meyer. Indie (at the moment): Kate Marie Robbins and Nadege Richards.
7. What genre do you like to read? Mostly paranormal, but I'll read almost anything.
8. What was the last book that you read? Saving Quinton by Jessica Sorensen, but I read a short story after that called Homecoming by Richelle Mead.
9. What are you working on? Daybreak (Magic #2).
1. Favorite Animal More likely a dog.
2. Favorite Color Orange.
3. Favorite Food I don't have one.
4. Favorite Genre of Music Rock and country.
Favorite Season Summer, spring, and fall because I love the warm weather