Sunday, May 18, 2014

Author Spotlight with Cleo Scornavacca


Author Bio:

As far back as I can remember, I've loved books. I love reading them and finally, I've admitted to myself that I love to write them.

One day after Hurricane Sandy hit the shores of NJ, I read an interview about longtime friend and fellow author Joseph Grant. It really hit home for me. So after talking with Joe and my mom, I jumped into the world of writing and recently self-published my debut novel Miss Taken in 2013. No longer "for my eyes only."

Since the day I started to write Rain and Dominick's story, I've never looked back, nor do I regret one single moment of it.

When I write, much of the time the story plays in my head as a movie and sometimes even includes background music. We can all use a little background music.

I try to add elements of things I love. And share them with the readers. I'll continue to create characters and stories that you can laugh, cry, love, hate and even become slightly crazy about.

Let's face it, we can all use some crazy every now and then.

Currently I'm working on Identity, Book Two in the series.

When I'm not writing, I'm spending time with family and friends, my Dobie, Blue; and of course, hanging down the Jersey Shore. 

*****just a note: my Dobie Blue passed away 7 weeks ago at 13. I am honored to have loved her and had her for so long. So I leave it in my bio because its too heartbreaking to remove*****
Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/7242174.Cleo_Scornavacca


Love........................The Ultimate Loss of Control



Rain and Raven Medici are identical twins. Although they come from a loving close-knit family their childhoods couldn't have been more different. Raven went to school and was exposed freely to the outside world. Rain on the other hand was born with a blood disorder and denied many normal childhood experiences.



Once grown, Raven becomes a lawyer at their dad's firm Kane & Medici in NYC. Rain along with her only childhood friend Tommy Conte, builds a very successful business as professional photographers. Traveling between Europe and Manhattan, and enjoying a world that was kept from her, Rain vows never to be controlled again.



Dominick Kane is a product of his upbringing. He's powerful, self-assured and knows he can achieve anything he desires. Nothing gets in his way. There is only one

thing he has ever failed at. A relationship with his father Vincent Kane. Upon his father's death, Dominick vows revenge. The events he sets in motion put him on a

collision course he himself will be unable to control.



In a bizarre twist of fate, Dominick kidnaps Raven as part of his plan for revenge. Only to discover afterward, he has taken Rain by mistake. Rain knows she can never survive being confined again. So she strikes a bargain with the devil and agrees to help Dominick get back what he feels rightly belongs to him. His father's share of Kane & Medici.



Dominick decides to use the strong attraction growing between Rain and himself to control her in every way imaginable. Too bad no one ever taught Dominick you can't control the heart. Nothing could have prepared him for the effect Rain would have on his.

Will this plan of revenge turn into unconditional love? Or will Dominick and Rain's need for control ultimately destroy them and any possibly chance for a real future

together.......
Warning: This novel contains mature content, adult situations and language.




Questions:
1.      When did you decide to write? I was always afraid to put myself out there. Didn’t want to expose myself to critics. Then I talked with my mom and she said you have always written, why can’t you do it? No one is stopping you, but you. She told me I would regret it the rest of my life. So I started formally writing in 2012 and she was right. I have no regrets about it. I’m really happy I did.
2.      How did you come up with the idea of your newest book? I actually had a dream about it after the Hurricane hit in Jersey and then I put down a different book I was working on and started to write. Originally it was going to be a book of mistaken identity, but there wasn’t any kidnapping. Then of course the book took on a life of its own.
3.      What Genre do write?  Adult Contemporary Romance
4.      Would you ever write with another author if asked? I would love to. I thinks its a huge challenge but a great compliment.
5.      Who is your biggest inspiration? My mom. She is one tough lady. She fought cancer and won. Even on her ugliest of days she still got up and did her thing. She never let it beat her. Thank God.
6.      Who are some of your favorite authors? Madeline Sheehan, LB Simmons, Sylvia Day, Debbie Macomber, Jamie McGuire, Sylvain Reynard, Kristin Ashley, Lyra Parish, Pepper Winters, NJ Cole, CJ Roberts, and Rebecca Rohman. So many more, but we’d be here all day.
7.      What genre do you like to read? All Types of Romance but Dark is my favorite.
8.      What was the last book that you read? Weak for Him by Lyra Parish was the last novel I read, but I just read a children’s book by author Kimmy Page called Yogi. Its about a rescue dog. Great for kids and I actually connected because we are looking to bring two rescues into our home after the loss of my dog Blue. I love Dobermans and Pit Bulls, so we are exploring our options. We’ve had both and they are amazing creatures. So loyal and very lovable. Both are extremely intelligent breeds.
9.      What are you working on? Im working on the sequel to Miss Taken, called Identity. I hope to have it ready for betas very soon. It clear up a lot of unfinished business from book one.

Fun Questions:
1.      Favorite Animal  a dog (domestic) Big Cats, Lion, Panther etc (wild)
2.      Favorite Color Black (I know its a shade, but I say it still counts)
3.      Favorite Food   Chicken Fingers and Vinegar Fries.
4.      Favorite Genre of Music  I like a lot of different kinds but 80’s hair band music. Skid Row, Motley Crue, Pretty Boy Floyd, Warrant.
5.      Favorite Season   Summer, I hate shoes and I love to be barefoot.

No comments:

Post a Comment