Sunday, May 4, 2014

Author Spotlight with E.J. Shortall




Author Bio: E.J. Shorall

I am a newbie to this writing business. It all started from an idea for an opening paragraph that I had one morning. From there the story grew and grew and eventually became 'Silver Lining'.

I live in London with my partner, son and two cats. By day I work in a college supporting students, at night I've either got my head stuck in a book on my tablet, or I'm writing. This is a monster roller coaster ride I'm on, and being a bit of an adrenalin junkie, I'm loving it!

Stalker Links =)


Questions:
1.    When did you decide to write?  I actually had no intentions of writing. Friends and family kept telling me I should give a try because I would be reading all the time and would talk about books I enjoyed. I kept replying with the same thing, “I don’t have any creativity for that.” At the end of August 2013 I was getting ready for work one morning and word for word, the opening paragraph of Silver Lining popped into my head. I decided to type it up not thinking it would go beyond that. Once I started, though, and the characters and plot started developing in my head I couldn’t stop.

2.    How did you come up with the idea of your newest book?  As mentioned above, the opening paragraph popped into my head so then it was a case of plotting around that. Why was this person starting afresh and moving out on her own. It had to be because of a breakup so then I had to think about why and how could I put a spin on the ‘he cheated on me’ storyline. From there it all just flowed.

3.    What Genre do write?  At the moment Silver Lining and the sequel, Silver Dove, are Contemporary Romance.

4.    Would you ever write with another author if asked?  If I was asked by the right person, we got on and had similar styles then I would love to. Although I am a bit of a control freak so they would need to put up with me wanting to decide on plat progression.

5.    Who is your biggest inspiration?  There are too many great authors out there that I have read that I guess have been my biggest inspiration. I have a few authors that I religiously follow, Jade C Jamison, Abbi Glines, Katie Ashley to name but a few. And then there are new indie authors who I buy because I want to show them my support and their work blows me away. I have also made some wonderful author friends on this self-publishing journey and each one inspires me with their words, their support and their personalities. I wouldn’t be at this point now if it wasn’t for them.

6.    Who are some of your favorite authors?  Ooops, see above.

7.    What genre do you like to read?  I mainly read Contemporary Romance and some erotica. I also enjoy NA, YA, the odd historical romance, paranormal and fantasy. Basically, if the blurb and cover catches my attention I am willing to give it a read.

8.    What was the last book that you read?  Emma’s Home by the lovely Maryann Jordan. Maryann has been a huge support to me recently so it was only right that I read her book. And what a book it is. Amazing read for a debut.

9.    What are you working on?  I am currently about 60% done with the sequel to Silver Lining. It is called Silver Dove and is a continuation of Craig and Amber’s story. It has been quite challenging because they have moved passed the instalove of Silver Lining and are now dealing with the trials of what life throws at them as they try and build their new relationship.


Fun Questions:
1.    Favorite Animal:  I love cats. I have two of them.
2.    Favorite Color: Depends on my mood, mostly girly pink or lilac. If we are talking clothes, though, it would be black.
3.    Favorite Food: I’m a girl so chocolate of course. Closely followed by spaghetti and meatballs.
4.    Favorite Genre of Music: I don’t really have a favorite; I like a cross section I like to listen to depending on my mood, or what I’m writing as seems to be the case these days.
5.    Favorite Season: Summer. I love having all the windows and doors open, and sitting outside till its late reading.


SYNOPSIS
Amber Merchant had it all. Living with and engaged to her teenage sweetheart, nice house and the job of her dreams.
Not anymore!
Following a devastating revelation from her Fiancé, Amber finds she is single once again and vows to never entrust her heart and soul to another.
After a bad experience on a rare night out to celebrate her newly single life, a chance encounter with a tall, dark and handsome stranger leaves Amber’s head reeling. Intrigued by her draw to him but scared for her heart she flees.
Twenty nine year old Craig Silver has been fighting demons of his own. Intent on a life of meaningless affairs and one night stands, he isn’t prepared for the overwhelming and immediate attraction, and desire to protect the striking blonde on the dance floor.
At first it seems the attraction is mutual… until she runs. Bewildered and frustrated Craig wonders if he will ever see her again.
Sometimes the roads to our future are paved with many trials. Will Amber take the right path and find the silver lining to the happiness she deserves?























No comments:

Post a Comment